You can expand upon the default system forms by adding custom forms at your company level (outside of individual projects).
In your company form types area, by default, you see a list of all system form types only (RFIs, Submittals, Contracts, Change Orders, etc). However, you can add new custom form types to track custom processes for your company or organization.
The benefits of setting up custom form types at your company level instead of the individual project level include:
- You can create the custom form type once and easily apply it to your different projects saving you time
- A custom form type created at the company level has a single "ID" which gives you the ability to use the same reports and/or dashboards on your projects
- Custom fields added to your company form types will also have consistent "field IDs" which will help you create standard merge templates
Create a custom Company Form Type
Note: Company Form setup is limited to Company Administrators only.
- Click your name in the main navigation bar and select the My Company option.
- Click the Company Form Types option on the left menu.
- In the list of existing Company Form Types, click the New button to create a new custom Company Form Type.
- Add the name and plural name for your new form type. Click the Save button.
After saving your new Company Form Type, you will see two panels. The top panel shows general form properties and the second panel shows variations for your new form type. You need at least one variation of a form type to add fields to it.
Add a variation to your Company Form Type
Note: Form Variations are configured at the company level but applied to projects at the project level. Company Administrators can create Company Form Type variations and Project Administrators can apply those variations to their projects.
- Click the New button in the Form Variations panel.
- Provide a name for the variation and give a short description to help other users know when to apply this variation. Click the Save button.
- On the next screen, you will see your saved variation name and description and then a second panel for Company Fields.
In the Company Fields panel, you will see a default field labeled "Subject". All forms in ProjectTeam.com have a Subject field. You will be able to change the name of this field inside of projects by adding a "Project Alias". To add other fields, click the New button and follow the steps to add fields to your variation (Click here for more information on setting up custom fields).
Repeat until all fields for your variation have been added.